Wednesday 28 February 2018

Meet The Brave Woman, Who Just Rode A Bicycle From Morocco To Nigeria.




Talking about bravery, it takes an individual with guts to travel from Morocco to Lagos, Nigeria by road. And doing that within a space of 5 months, riding a bicycle, takes a whole new level of courage and determination.


This is the story of Huang Shuang, a Chinese cyclist, who made it through the journey, arriving safely in Nigeria.

Speaking to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the female cyclist stated that she has completely covered the whole of her country, cycling, and this motivated her to embark on a cycling tour around the world.

Huang started her world cycling in the US, where she covered a total of 5,500 km within a space of 60 days.

 ''I am glad that I have been able to ride from Morocco to Lagos, Nigeria. This is an indication that whether we are male or female, we can achieve anything we are determined to do.
 The whole idea about my cycling started when, one day, I decided to embark on a cycling trip around my country, China.

 ''After the trip around China, I was inspired to take my first cycling around the world to America, where I covered about 5,500km in two months.
 Now, I am in Lagos from Morocco, after I flew from America to France, where I cycled around Europe for four months, before taking ferry from Spain to Morocco,'' she was quoted saying.

Huang went further to say that whenever she was travelling, she always made sure she had enough money at her disposal, food, sleeping bags and tents, changing clothes and bicycle parts; in case she needed to make any repairs.

Speaking to NAN reporters, Huang noted that she commenced the Morocco-Lagos journey  on Sept. 6, 2017,  the enchanting yet scary trip was characterised by  robbery incidents, fatigue, accidents and sleeping under bridges and in gas stations.

It took the brave cyclist six days to make it through the moroccan desert, before arriving in an African village where she was greeted with so much cheer.

In her words,  ''I have happily sung and danced with children in different African villages and communities where I passed the nights or stopped to cook.
 I have seen the most beautiful sunset, the most stunning mountain views, breath-taking lakes and virgin forests across Africa.
 My trip has also exposed me to many African children still living in poverty, hunger, without education and basic amenities''.

Huang plans to continue her cycling tour, taking it from Lagos to  Cameroon, Gabon, South Africa, Congo, and well as other African countries.

She has set a goal for herself; cycling through 33 countries in the next three years.

Cycling through Africa has borne in me a passion to connect with children of African descent and set up a free lunch project for these kids later in the year, Huang said.

No comments:

Post a Comment